Most computer users these days have a LCD (Liquid Crystal Display) monitor, and they prefer it over any type of traditional CRT (Cathode Ray Tube) monitor. If you still have a CTR monitor, then perhaps you should consider replacing it. Here are some reasons why that might be a good idea:
• The price of LCD monitors is falling all the time, and even though LCDs might still be more expensive than CRTs, the price difference is not that big. There are many palces where you can buy an inexpensive LCD monitor.
• LCD monitors take a lot less space than traditional ones. This is an important point for anyone who does not have a lot of space on his desk. Carrying a LCD monitor is a lot easier.
• There is generally a better image quality on an LCD monitor. That is because it uses more advanced technology. The future definitely belongs to LCD monitors.
• LCDs consume less energy and are more efficient. This could save you a lot of money if you spend a lot of time in front of your computer.
• CTR monitors can cause eye-strain due to their flicker rate. You will not suffer from the same problem using an LCD monitor. Because of this it is possible to spend more hours in front of a LCD without being tired.
• The response time of an LCD monitor is a lot faster than that of a CRT which is very important if you are a gamer or watch movies.